Thursday, April 17, 2008

Response to Interview

My interpretation of the story was similar to hers, but I felt hers was much deeper. In the interview she basically discusses that names should be chosen more carefully. I also found it interesting that she actually has personal experience with naming things due to different characteristics and not calling them the same thing. I did not realize that she did not mention the Bible in this interview until you posed the question. I find this interesting also. I think she used the story of Adam and Eve because it is something that most people know.

4 comments:

KCieslak330 said...

I also agree taht hers was much deeper but i dont think she got her point across very well. but i do agree with that she was saying names should be chosen more carefully

Monica said...

I really like this story. I thought the idea of names were very interesting. I also think that Adam and Eve relate to this story because most people know it.

Monica said...

I don't think any of us realized that she talked about the bible. I was trying to figure out what did it have to do with the point of the story.

AKM said...

I agree that the author has a deep interpretation. I would never think the way she does about such a simple thing.