Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Alfred, Lord Tennyson “Ulysses”

This poem is about Ulysses returning to his kingdom and being reunited with his wife and son. However, he wishes to go on another journey. This can be seen when he states, "Some work of noble note, may yet be done." I found the last line of the poem to be really significant. It seems as if Ulysses always wants to be on an adventure and learning knew things continuously. After looking online to find out the Greek mythology behind this poem I found out that Ulysses was a legendary Greek king who fought in the Trojan War. I think this connects it to Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem because it relates to his sense of wanting adventure.

1 comment:

AKM said...

I agree with this. I did not take much notice of the line that you quoted before but now I see it's importance.