Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"The Politics of Design"/ "Analyzing Design of an Everyday Text"

This group of articles was about how designers are being used to create ads and design products for the sole reason of advertising products. It was interesting to read these articles because I never thought of graphic designers in this way. I do agree that in some ways they are being explioted by companies who hire them for profit, not so they can create their own true art.

I think writing this paper will be interesting. I have never written a paper like this before. I think one of the hardest parts will be to actually pick a subject because as I am writing now there are many objects that are going through my head that could be possibilities.

2 comments:

cehoffecker said...

I agree with her about advertising and design. Many times, designers get so caught up in selling a product that they actually sell out and forget about the art part.

Melanie said...

I agree that the hardest thing about this paper is going to be actually narrowing our choice down and finding one particular object to focus and expand on. There are so many different everyday objects to pick from.